Tuesday, May 18, 2010

..hOoF..

Now this one has a funny story.

We were driving on the back roads of northern Utah looking for roadkill. My dad was driving and spotted a pretty full skunk. He slammed on the brakes and went straight for the ditch on the side of the road. I freaked out thinking it was something else, am I retarded? I know we were looking for roadkill.. The skunk was fresh, like he had just been hit. We decided to plug our noses and go in for a look. We walked down to it, holding our breath for as long as we could, I took a few pictures of it and we started walking back. I was sniffing myself all over to make sure I didn't smell like skunk, I am a bit paranoid. My dad reassured me that I didn't. We started talking about how this is really weird for a project and how I am 100% positive that every person who sees me doing it or hears about it thinks I am nuts until they see the images, when my dad trips. I was a little startled and asked him if he was okay, he said yeah. I looked back to see what had caused the stumble and sure enough there was this hoof. Wow, talk about luck. We would have never seen it had he not tripped over it.

.. bear river utah..

No comments: