Thursday, April 15, 2010

..rOaDkiLL..

*This project is one that I have to admit is a tad morbid for some. So if you have a semi weak stomach you might not want to look, but they really aren't all that gross.

Promise..


In my life, while doing art, I find myself looking at my life and things around me for inspiration for photography assignments and projects. I often feel that my best inspiration comes from what is in my little world. About six months ago I was challenged with creating a body of work. I wasn't sure where to look for an idea that could create a body of work, and so naturally I turned to my life. At the beginning of this project, my sweet little dog tyke had just been diagnosed with T-cell Lymphoma. It is a rare, extremely hard to treat form of skin cancer. We were told that the outcome looked bleak and that we should spend all of our time with him. I started to panic and worry, as any mother (since he is my child) would. I didn't know what the future would hold or how I would accept it. So in efforts to help myself feel okay with death I started this project.

Confrontations with Death.


.. tremonton utah..



..ocean beach, san francisco california..


..orem utah..


..ocean beach, san francisco california..


..brooklyn new york..


..provo utah..



I have decided to create an even bigger body of work, so it is in the works. When I find some new fun ones I will post them and let you know. It will be a show I am putting on this fall, I will also let you know details on that.

For those of you wondering.. Tyke did pass away. He fought for four and a half months to beat this cancer and was on the path to recovery when he left us.

..tyke..

No comments: